Background

So much I did in so little time….

 

Last weekend, I was blessed with the opportunity to go up to the states for my best friend’s bridal shower.  I only was able to go for 3 days, but I packed so much good stuff into that time!  :]  I just barely made it to the shower, then rushed off to spend some family time at my dad’s house, got to see my Uncle Christ and Aunt Lilibeth and their beautiful new baby boy, Joshua.  The next morning I went to church with my mom and got to meet all her new friends she’s been making, I’m so happy to see that she’s found a church that she loves where she feels at home :]  After church, we headed home to fuel up with tuna sandwiches with Norm and then mom and I headed off to do the usual states shopping.  That night I got together with Lauren and Jessica Shea, my two best friends from home, we ate and jacuzzied and then I had my very last sleepover with Lauren! (That’s the ONLY reason I’m a little bit sad she’s getting married, haha).  The next morning was President’s Day and I rushed home to have a delicious French toast breakfast with my mom and sister.  Then I packed up my car, headed up for lunch with Dad, and shot over to the mall afterward to go bridesmaid shoe shopping with Lauren.  Once I had my shoes in hand it was off to San Diego to visit my “long lost” “Mexican” friends, Hannah Koppers and Jessica Simmons (and actually Heber ended up being there too).  Spent the night at Hannah’s and took off the next morning by 8:30am to be back for outreach that night at La Gloria. 

So, as you can see, going home isn’t always a “relaxing vacation,” but I would NEVER miss an opportunity :]  It’s totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment