Background

Single on Valentine's Day?


So was I, but it wasn’t so bad.  I woke up kind of emotional yesterday morning and threw myself a little pity party.  Little did I know God had greater love in mind for me.

Victor asked me to lead him to a family in Graciano Sanchez that we’re hoping to build a house for this spring.  Ten people (three adults and seven kids) live in this little garage door house that’s probably 10x15 feet with a little side porch (only covered by two walls) area where some of the kids sleep.  They really need a decent house.  Anyways, I ended up staying and playing with the girls for a little bit.  They are all SO incredibly precious.  I reminded them it was Valentine’s Day and told them how much I loved them and they kept telling me how much they love me too. 



Then that night at La Gloria, the kids and I talked about Mark 12:30-31, how we are supposed to love God first and for most, but then we are also commanded to love our neighbor.  So I had each of the kids make a special Valentine’s card for each of the adults at church so that they would feel special, just like we feel special when we get cards from our friends at school.  They all turned out so sweet!  But unfortunately it was a lot of work, so I was really busy and forgot to be taking pictures of how they all turned out.
All in all, it was a wonderful Valentine’s day where I said I love you many times and also heard I love you many times.  I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment