Background

Learning to Let Go...


I am such a control freak! I try and think/hope that it's not really true, but it's times like these that I realize I REALLY am.
I get so weird about stuff that usually I would personally rather spend days or even weeks on a project doing it little by little by myself (so that I could make sure that everything was exactly how I'd imagined), rather than asking for help or allowing someone to help me.

But I know that this is not at all how God intended the body of Christ to be. He wants us to work together, to learn from each other, to grow in our patience, to ask for help and to offer help. He wants us to work together.
I knew that. And I also knew that painting the classrooms at La Gloria was something I wanted to do for the kids. But I also knew just how much more it would mean to them if they were able to be a part of it. And honestly, how much are they really going to care if there's a little green here and there on the white ceiling or if the brush strokes on the base boards are not perfectly parallel to the floor. They probably won't even notice. And look at their faces! They had a BLAST and kept asking for more and more jobs. Even after about 6 hours of painting they did not want to stop!
I personally learned SO much about patience, what really matters and what really doesn't, how much kids are capable of doing, when it is ok to say no to them, how helpful it can be to have kids to a base coat and then quickly go over it with a second coat, etc., etc., etc.

It ended up being SO much fun, not just for the kids, but for me too! I'm so glad that God moved my heart to accept help. It was totally worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment