Background

My Newest Project

Now, I understand that I have not written on here for about 3 months.  There have been many things going on in my life those past few months, but I just didn't feel right about sharing all of them publicly.  Also, I've been really busy and haven't really had time to share anything either.  This year, I hope to get on here more and share, even if it is just a short post here and there.

My holidays were great!  I went home on December 18 for Christmas with my immediate and some of my extended family and stayed there until December 30 so that I could be in Mexico to ring in the New Year with my wonderful missionary friends, Hannah and Melissa.  On New Year's Eve, the three of us decided to recount month by month the blessings, heartaches, and pastimes of this year.  I was able to look at my life and truly see how God has brought me so far in the "growing-up" process.

Since I've been back here in Mexico, I've started a new project for this year: Group Orientations for the Erma Fennell Foundation.  Currently, we are the only ministry around here (that I know of) that does not hold an orientation with groups when they arrive.  As this occurred to me, I decided to take it upon myself to fix that.  I've gathered information from friends at other ministries and driven around town collecting information and resources to give our visitors a pleasant and informative greeting when they arrive.  In my spare time, I've also been helping prepare our facilities for guests and emailing back and forth with them, answering their questions and doing my best to help them get prepared to come down here.  I've been really excited about these orientations I'm going to be doing with groups as it will give me a chance to meet and be slightly more involved with them.  Also, I believe it will be helpful and a comfort to them as well.  The past couple of days I have been getting a tad nervous too though, as I am prone to stage fright.  Please pray that the Lord will help me over come this.

Well, it is good to be posting again.  I hope to post more often so that you all can have a better idea of what I'm to, since I'm not home to personally share with each of you.  I love you all and thank you so much for your prayers and concerns about me!

2 comments:

  1. so where do we get to go first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for posting! And Yay for updates on your life! I am STILL so amazed at what God is doing though you!! Who would have thought, all those many hours we sat in your room, to-go boxes on our laps, watching hours of Greys and Scrubs (which we DID watch btw!), that God would be using you in all these cool and unexpected ways! I am SO proud of you, and cant wait for more updates in the next few weeks! Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete