Background

Globos-ing

If I ever move back to the states, one thing I'm going to miss the most is definitely the Globos.  It's basically like a giant garage sale/swapmeet.  There are some stands that have new stuff, but we usually bypass those pretty quickly.

We're generally more interested in the treasures to be found and the laughs to be had in the random, junk stands.
 What even is this metal can thing?  Melissa votes that it's a grasshopper catcher.  I'm more inclined to think you cook something in it.  But that's the beauty of it, we'll just never know for sure.
 Ok, ok, but it's not all weird stuff.  We got Melissa a sweet new skirt for church.  :-P


Pool cues?  Really?  Haha.


Refreshing snacks to keep you shopping.


And truckloads of cheap, fresh fruit....mmmmMMMMmmmm.





I even found a little treasure in the parking lot.


But all in all, you can find some pretty sweet stuff.


I got all this stuff this week for UNDER $20 (I think it was 220 pesos)!

2 comments:

  1. You got a crepe pan! Yeah! Also, I kinda really want that couch at the begging of your post...or maybe I don't. I totally miss the globos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I thought "globos" meant "balloons". And the little stainless steel item that you didn't know what it was.... that is a votive holder for underneath warming dishes. I have several, and I can't really say we've caught grasshoppers with them, but that is a pretty good idea next time we do Biology and we need to catch bugs!

    ReplyDelete