Background

SUCCESS!

Success!  The orientation went really well last Monday night. The group arrived, got settled a little, and as they sat down for dinner, I began my speech.  I told them they were my guinea pigs, so a few of them come up to me after and assured me that I did well :]  Also, Erma made sure to let me know that I did a really good job and that she's glad we are doing this now.  SUCCESS!  :-D 

I've been having a lot of fun with the group.  Two of Erma's kids are in this group (Judy and Jim), so it's been really neat to get to know them better as well.  This group is so sweet, they keep inviting me over for meals and to play games with them and just to hang out.  I've also gone along with them and helped translate (which I'm not fluent, so it's not perfect, but hey it's something) for a tour of a hospital, getting some "disposible cellphones," ordering meals at restaurants, purchasing from vendors, etc.  It's definitely been a challenge, but it's been a really good experience and fun too :]

No comments:

Post a Comment