Background

What Is This??

 
A friend gave me this fruit(?) that someone gave to her.  I thought it was a watermelon, but when I cut it open it looked like this! 

I thought maybe it was an unripe watermelon, but when I smelled it and it smelled like cucumber!  I still don’t know what this is, but it definitely tasted like cucumber too, with a little bit of a jicama-y texture.  Any ideas of what this is?  It also had these huge, pumpkin-type seeds inside that had a very interesting taste to them as well.  I am baffled.

1 comment:

  1. Could it be a Saskatchewan watermelon? I thought those only grew in cold weather climates. And I think it has a longer name like Creamy Saskatchewan. I'll have to google it.http://rareseeds.com/cream-of-saskatchewan.html Hmmmm... maybe not. This says it tastes sweet. Let me know when you figure it out!

    ReplyDelete