Background

A Weekend With My Girlies

A couple of weekends ago, I found out that one of my friends from La Gloria, Mikaiela, had a job opportunity in El Rosario collecting rocks, but was going to have to leave her three daughters home alone. They made it sound like this was probably something they’ve had to do before, but I knew she was uncomfortable with leaving them. So the Lord laid it on my heart to help out. I went down the first night to spend with them at their house (that was quite the experience: 4 of us scrunched on a twin sized bed, in a small, cold house with an aroma that I was not accustomed to) and then the next two nights they came and stayed at my house.



But we had SO much fun! I taught them how to play Mancula, took them on their first picnic, took the dogs for a walk (probably their first time to take dogs somewhere on leashes, haha), and then we got a pizza and watched movies as we celebrated my 2 year anniversary of living in Mexico!
I just love these girls so much! They were so sweet and respectful. They were so worried about how much each thing cost when we bought food, they fought over helping me make the meals and doing the dishes, and they even kept sweeping my floor every couple hours! Haha! They know me too well…Then they very willingly helped me clean out and wash the van before outreach that Sunday. They said they didn’t mind because they’d been having so much fun that it probably was time for them to actually do something productive. Seriously though, can I adopt these kids??

1 comment: