Background

Laughing, laughing, laughing, all the way home :]

Tonight on the way home from outreach at La Gloria, Andres was teaching me how to say things in Mixteco.  That’s a dialect here in Mexico that many of the older people who have migrated here from mainland Mexico speak.  It sounds very Asian with it’s breathy, pushy fluctuation of intonations.  Anyways, there are a number of abuelitos (grandmas and grandpas) in our little church that only speak Mixteco, so it’s a real blessing to have Andres as co-pastor so that he can communicate with them.  I asked him to teach me how to say “Dios le bendiga (God bless you)” tonight on the way home and we were just laughing and laughing as it’s difficult to get the right intonation (or else you might be saying a completely different word).  Unfortunately, I’ve already forgotten how to say it, but he said he’d keep reminding me and testing me on it.  In love

No comments:

Post a Comment